Boma is a founding Partner of Primera Africa Legal. She leads the Primera Africa Legal’s International Commercial Law/Corporate Governance practice. Her experience in corporate commercial practice spans approximately thirty years.
In addition to being an experienced Arbitrator and accredited Civil and Commercial Mediator, Boma specializes in International Tax Law, Maritime Law, Mergers & Acquisitions and Capital Market Transactions. She has advised on some of Nigeria’s leading commercial deals in a number of sectors including real estate and infrastructure, manufacturing, banking, hospitality, telecommunications, maritime, energy, project funding and development.
She served as the President of the Commonwealth Lawyers Association 2011-2013, the first woman President in the over 50 year history of this association of lawyers from 54 countries. She was a Council Member of the Board of the Royal Commonwealth Society and also served as the Chairwoman of the Association of Women Solicitors of England and Wales between 2005/2006. She serves on the advisory board of MN Capital Africa Advisers.
Awards and Recognitions
- Women Entrepreneur of the Year 2007 – London Borough of Southwark
- Distinguished Trail Blazers Award 2012 -NBA Women’s Forum’s
- Award for Distinguished Service to the Legal Profession 2012- NBA Lagos Branch
- Human Rights Award – Open Society Foundations, National Human Rights Commission, Pan African Lawyers
- Union, Nigeria Bar Association
- “Survival Manual for New Wigs” Published by Odade Lexis Nexis© 2010
- “Sisters in Law – Career choices for Nigerian women lawyers” Published by PZ Publishers © 2006