Laura is Partner overseeing Commercial Transactions at PAL
Laura has a flair for deal structuring in complex commercial transactions and has provided negotiation, documentation and legal advisory support to client transactions across various sectors including energy and natural resources, infrastructure and real estate, hospitality, technology and communication, transportation and project finance. She is also team lead of the firm’s Corporate Law Group and has lead the team in providing compliance governance, secretarial services, business restructuring, permitting and licensing support to our clients.
Laura’s understanding of the business landscape in Nigeria and of global commercial trends as well as heightened ability to ascertain and add value to client transactions have made her the go-to person for all our key commercial transactions. A legal practitioner of over ten (10) years, Laura has continually set the bar for efficient and effective service delivery to our discerning clients and is an invaluable member of the team.
- Centre for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) Corporate Compliance Trends, Q&A with Laura Alakija: Compliance for Mid-Sized Businesses in Nigeria, March 2016.
- L. Alakija: “Regulatory Framework for Tourism in Nigeria: How Can This be Made Easier for Investors?” A paper presented at the Nigerian Hotel and Tourism Investment Conference October 2015, Lagos, Nigeria.
- Israel Aye, Laura Alakija, Chigozie Anyanwu and Constance Udensi, “Nigeria Chapter, the Oil and Gas Law Review ”, Third Editions, 2015.
- Israel Aye, Laura Alakija, Chigozie Anyanwu and Constance Udensi, “Nigeria Chapter, the Oil and Gas Law Review”, Second Edition, 2014.
- “Online Legal Research and Electronic Document Management ” : a lecture presented at the Nigerian Institute of Advanced Legal Studies (NIALS) during the NBA Section on Legal Practice’ Seminar for Young Lawyers – June 2013